Tech workers being laid off, quiet quitters quietly quitting, companies trying to slim down, it all makes for a tricky time to managing a career. Whether you’re looking for a job or thinking about jumping ship, there’s a lot to consider.
The latest career development course from CECNA - the Consumer Education Council of North America - can help. Time to Find a New Job? Here’s How covers the job-hunt process from thinking about it all the way to getting the offer and closing the deal.
You’ll learn to watch for signs that mean it’s time to start looking for a new job, how to conduct an effective job search, how to ace the interview, and how to know if remote work is right for you.
You’ll get a primer on how to write a great cover letter and resume that will get you that coveted interview. Then we’ll explore the tips and tricks for interview preparation and strategies that will help nail even the most challenging interview questions.
What You’ll Learn
Whether it’s your first job or your fifth, changing jobs is a big step and it can be scary.
Steps we’ll cover include:
- Carefully consider your decision to leave. Make sure to fully consider your decision before leaving. If you’re looking for a change of pace, but not ready for a complete move, explore internal opportunities for a fresh start.
- Focus on fit. As you begin your job search, focus on positions that align with your experience, skills, and passions.
- Ruminate on remote. If the thought of working from home excites you, remote work may be just the ticket.
- Retool your resume. Focus your resume on the qualifications and experience aligned with the position.
- Don’t skip the cover letter. Cover letters give you the opportunity to tell your story. Don’t just regurgitate your resume bullet points—use it as a chance to showcase your personality, highlight your selling points, and make yourself memorable.
- Practice makes perfect. Before your interview, brush up on interview etiquette, review answers to common interview questions, and practice articulating why this is the job for you.
There are endless books on career development and lots of videos and webinars too. This short course packs all the information into an easily digested, portable format that you can study on your smartphone, at home or - let’s be honest - at work. There are lots of quizzes that help you understand and retain the material.
Your next job may be the best ever and - who knows? - may be the job you have for the rest of your life. A few minutes with this course can help make that happen.